5.01.2009

Smitten


Matt and I both grew up with dogs, and we loved them. But there is just something different about having a dog together - Luna has really become our baby! It's pathetic really.

We were a little nervous about getting a rescue dog. What if she turned out to be an absolute terror? But we couldn't afford anything else, and at least with a rescue dog you know what you're getting up front. These people are all about full disclosure. So we took a chance on her. And we lucked out. Big time. Luna is the sweetest dog in the world! I may be slightly biased, but everyone who meets her agrees that she has a really sweet demeanor. She is pretty submissive, but getting better. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with her background - (she was found on the side of the road in Manning, SC, and taken to a shelter for a few weeks until someone called Lowcountry Golden Retriever Rescue: http://lcgrr.org/. Once they picked her up she lived with a foster family for a couple of weeks until Matt and I adopted her) - and how much is simply her personality. Obviously her background has shaped her personality somewhat. Ok. Anyways - she is submissive, so totally non-threatening and sweet around other dogs and people.
Last weekend we took her up to Lake Keowee. Matt's family has a house there, and we all decided to go up for a long weekend. Luna had a great time. She got to ride on the boat, play in the water, go on hikes, and meet Tucker and Chloe (Ben and Marie's dogs). It was dog paradise up there. Over the weekend I realized just how much we are obsessed with our dog. I took about 50 pictures, none of which were of people. They were all Luna shots. Luna sitting on the boat. Oh - she moved - cute shot! Now she's looking to the left - another cute shot! Etc. As I was furiously snapping away, I was also keeping a running commentary for the benefit of all the other shipmates: "Hey! Look at Luna! Isn't that cute? Look now! She's sitting by the life jackets! Hey, look! She's sniffing Tucker's butt! Look, look! She's getting her sea legs!" I am officially an annoying dog owner. I can only imagine what I'll be like when we actually have kids. Please continue to be my friend.

1 comment:

  1. precious luna ! maybe i'll get to see her tonight !?! cant wait!

    ReplyDelete