5.19.2009

Graduation

Well, we made it! After 4 years, Matt graduated on Friday from Medical School! He matched into the Anesthesia Residency Program at MUSC, which was our first choice. We are thrilled to be staying here for the next 4+ years. Charleston is such a great city!

The past 2 weeks have been absolutely crazy with moving and graduation activities. On the Wednesday before graduation we attended the Senior Ball which was held at the Aquarium. It was a fun excuse to get all dressed up.


Matt and I with Young and Angela Choi. Young will be in Matt's residency class, and Angela will be doing ObGyn at MUSC. We are so happy they will be staying here in Charleston!

Matt and Ben

Trouble.

Matt with his Amazon woman.

Thursday night was the Oath Ceremony, where the graduates were hooded and recited the Hippocratic Oath. It was held at Summerall Chapel at the Citadel, which was beautiful.

After being hooded.

Summerall Chapel

Matt with his parents.

Friday morning was graduation, and it was a gorgeous day. Stephen Colbert was the commencement speaker, and he was great. He was given an honorary degree in Humane Arts, and promptly asked if he could have an honorary prescription pad instead.

In line to receive his diploma.

Stephen Colbert! I think at this point in his talk he was telling the new dentists that he wanted his teeth to be so white they would be visible from space.

Matt and I with our friend Xander.

What a wonderful week! I'm so proud of my husband, Dr. Matt Crumpler!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, it's my sister's. I took advantage of the fact that she is in Italy and raided her closet.

    ReplyDelete