10.23.2009

Bow Wow Beds

Since Matt and I don't have any kids yet (much to his dismay), we tend to obsess over our dog Luna. The poor girl is going to be in for a terrible shock when we do have kids and she takes a back seat.

Anyways, I have been looking for a dog bed for her for a long time. We've had her since March and just got her a bed this week. Of course this has something to do with my indecisiveness, but more so with the fact that the majority of dog beds are way over priced and just plain ugly. Who wants to spend $80 on an ugly, polyester and sheepskin mound to lie in the middle of your living room? Not me.

I finally found the perfect dog bed! I found this company on Etsy. If you aren't familiar with Etsy, it's a website where you can buy and sell all things handmade. It's really cool, and they have some great stuff. Of course, they also have the occasional clump of moss with googly eyes and pipe cleaner hat, but the majority of the items on there are really cool. Jewelry, clothes, furniture, etc. (Whitney - they also have a section for vintage items; it would be a great place to sell some of your jewelry!)

The company is called Bow Wow Beds. You can search for them on Etsy under "vendor", or you can visit the website: http://www.bowwowbeds.com/. The beds are handmade out of duck canvas, and come in 20+ colors. I got one in Avocado. They are like a giant pillow sham - no zippers or Velcro for your dog to chew on. You just stuff some sort of filling inside (I used two pillows, but you can use blankets, an egg crate, etc.) and ta da! A cute, durable, colorful dog bed! The cover was around $30, plus shipping, and I spent $10 on the pillows. When it's all said and done, it cost less than most of the beds from Pet Smart that are comparable in size, and it's so much better looking! And Luna is happy as a clam. See?

No comments:

Post a Comment