10.04.2011

Some things I want to remember.

1. Ben's skullet. Ben was born with brown hair, which everyone said would fall out. Well, unfortunately for Ben, the hair on the top of his head has fallen out, leaving long, dark hair on the sides and back of his head.

See:


The flash picks up the hair on top that's starting to come back in, but in person all you see is the skullet. It's pretty sweet. I looked for some pictures of skullets online to do a side by side comparison, but every image seemed to be that of a child molester so we're just going to admire Ben's.

2. Ben's sweet smiles. He's started smiling in the past week or so and it is the highlight of my day. Watching his eyes squint up and that sweet little mouth break into a grin makes my heart melt.

3. Ben's pastime of planking. My younger (and slightly cooler) sister introduced this term to me while she was visiting us after Ben was born. Obviously I am out of the loop and not cool, but the idea of lying on random objects while lying stiff as a board seems absolutely ridiculous to me. I mean really.





This one in particular makes me laugh. Lady, have you no self respect?!?!

Anyways, this is Ben's new favorite way to be held. Not face down, but on his side. We swaddle him up in his little wrap, and attempt to cradle him in our arms. This little guy wiggles to one side and goes stiff as a board. It's hilarious. I don't have a picture of Ben enjoying his new favorite pastime, but here's a visual aid:


4. The Best Friend Trio: Matt, Allyn and Ben. I know what you're thinking: who came up with that awesome label? It sounds like something this guy would say:


"Cause we're the three best friends......"


Actually, Matt came up with that name for us. I informed Matt before Ben was born that no matter what, Ben could not be his best friend, because I'm his best friend, and I always want to be just that. So Ben would have to be his second best friend. Now that he's here though, we've decided that the three of us can be best friends. We're The Best Friend Trio! Maybe we should have shirts made.

5. How stinkin' much I love Matt and Ben. It has been so amazing to see Matt embrace his new role as a father. The way he loves Ben makes me love him even more - if that is possible. Ben is so blessed to have Matt as a father. And Ben! I just love him so much! When I'm holding him in the middle of the night after he's fallen asleep, it takes everything in me to put him back in his crib. I could just hold him and watch him sleep and kiss his sweet face forever. He is such a sweet little boy!

2 comments:

  1. awesome skullet ben! Love your three best friends story....seriously sweet:) Isnt it funny how different our idea of what it will be like to have a child is from actually having one? We just dont realize how much love we will have for them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sawyer rocked the same hairstyle in those days as well. So you have a baby mullet to look forward to nearing his first birthday!

    ReplyDelete