To backtrack a little bit, I went into labor on Wednesday, August 3rd. I started having pretty regular contractions around 3pm. Around 10:30pm they were really painful, so I called the OB on call. First blessing: She told me to come to East Cooper. Normally my OB would have delivered me at the Mt. Pleasant Hospital which is about 40 minutes from our house, but she was on call the following day at East Cooper. She told the on call physician that if she heard from me, I should go to East Cooper so if I happened to still be pregnant at 7:30am she would be there and could deliver me. Second blessing: East Cooper offers a physician discount, and since Matt is a resident we were eligible for said discount. Third blessing: I was 4cm when we arrived, so they let me stay! Fourth blessing: After I got my epidural, the nurse informed me that my doctor was on her way in. She wasn't scheduled to come in until 7:30am, but she came in around 1am and slept in the on call room so she could deliver me. By 5:30am we were all systems go, and at 7:29am on August 4th, Ben's due date, (yes, I pushed for 2 hours) Ben was born! Ben = Fifth blessing. He was absolutely perfect, weighing 7lb 11oz and measuring 20.5 inches.
I really can't praise God enough for my whole labor and delivery experience. I had so much anxiety leading up to Ben's birth, and the Lord took care of everything. Truly. It is amazing to me to look back and see His hand working to make everything right.
I think this was post epidural. Matt loves this picture. I was a little freaked out. Obviously.
Proud dad.
Ben's face makes me laugh. He's already a lady's man!
On the way home from the hospital. I was wheeled down at the same time as another woman, and we waited together while our husbands drove the cars around. I couldn't help but notice that her son was wearing a beautiful linen gown and a precious linen bonnet. She also had a beautiful monogrammed blanket draped over her shoulder. I looked down at Ben, who was wearing the hat and shirt the hospital gave us, and was wrapped in the hospital blanket. Whoops. Sorry Ben.
Congratulations - he's precious!! And I'm sure he doesn't remember a thing about the standard issue clothes he went home in; there are lots of years to dress him up from here on out. :) You looked fabulous for a girl in labor, by the way!
ReplyDeleteYay you blogged!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to come hold sweet Ben again!