4.10.2011

What I've been up to.

1. Plant shopping. Yesterday I bought a plant for our living room. It's the first house plant I've purchased, and I'm really hoping I don't kill it. It's some kind of bamboo, and I only have to water it every 2 weeks, which sounds good to me.

Ta da:

2. Visiting with friends. Last weekend Matt and I went to stay with some friends of ours in Murrells Inlet, SC. They have 2 sweet little boys that make me excited to have a son. If I can just brag here for a minute: their 3 year old, Harrison, has decided that I'm his favorite! Favorite what I'm not sure - I mean if you put me in a lineup with Bob the Builder, a truck, his pop up tent and some cookies, I don't think he'd pick me, but he did tell his mom that I'm his favorite, AND, I had the sweetest voice mail from him where he told me he loved me! How stinking cute?!

3. Registering for baby boy. I use the term "register" loosely, because what really happened was that I wandered around Babies R Us with my mother in law, got really overwhelmed, and zapped a few things. I think I've picked out about a quarter of what I will actually need. Registering for a baby is not as fun to me as registering for a wedding. When you register for a wedding, there are really no wrong decisions. You just find a bunch of fun, semi-functional (sometimes non-functional) stuff you like, and zap it. With a baby, it's different. There are so many choices, all of which come with their share of pluses and minuses. It seems like every decision is so important! I'm not just picking out miniature knives to cut cheese with, but I'm picking out something that my child will be sitting in, sleeping it, eating from, etc. It stresses me out just thinking about it. And I'm lazy, which doesn't make it any easier. I really don't want to research the multitude of high chair options available, I just want someone to tell me which one is the best, and where I can get it. That's bad. And I will do the research, it's just not something I'm excited about. Oh yeah, and add to that my indecisiveness. My main problem is that I just don't like most of the baby boy stuff out there. I'm not into the cartoon animals, race cars, dump trucks and fire engines that adorn all things baby boy. So I end up staring at the 10 bouncy seats in Babies R Us - all of which look absolutely stupid to me, and then register for none of them, because I don't like any of them. I know that ultimately it's about function and all of these things will quickly be covered in spit up and poop, but it's really hard to pick out things that you just aren't that excited about. I'm way too picky, that's what it boils down to. I do think I've found some bedding that I like. Of course, true to fashion, I have all the receipts in case I find something I like better. It's Dwell Studio from Target:


4. Begging Matt to take pictures of me. I think it's pretty normal to want to document your pregnancy, no? So every few weeks when I'm feeling cute I ask Matt to take a picture of me for posterity. This is one of Matt's least favorite activities because I like to take several pictures in order to get one good one. Matt thinks I look exactly the same in every picture, so this is a huge waste of time to him. Like most women, I can find something wrong with the way I look in almost every picture, but I only have a small window of opportunity before Matt gets a crazed look in his eye and I risk having the camera crushed in his agitated hands. Here's one from our walk downtown on Friday night:

( 23 weeks)

I couldn't find a picture that I liked out of the 12 or so we took - so here's a candid shot. And yes, I made it black and white because I am extremely pale.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I like your plant.
    2. You better start getting used to fire
    trucks, race cars, and dump trucks because
    your baby boy isn't going to be playing
    with Barbies :-)
    3. Your bump picture is really cute!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete