10.13.2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

1. YOGABERRY.

Or FRESHBERRY. Basically, any of these new, hip yogurt bars. One opened up about 2 weeks ago in West Ashley, and I've been, oh, 3 times. And I'm planning on going again tomorrow. I make sure to toss the empty cup in a random trashcan so Matt doesn't find out exactly how much of our life savings I am spending there. That is more of a problem at Yogaberry, because it is self serve. You may be thinking, "Allyn, you work at Chick-fil-A. Surely you have made an Icedream cone or two." Well, you would be right. (I was actually complemented on my swirling technique on my first visit by the girl handing out free samples. So there.) The problem lies in the size of the cups. There are only 2 sizes - pint and what I'm guessing is a half pint. It's large. And you just start dispensing the yogurt, going to town filling up the cup, not realizing HOW MUCH FREAKING YOGURT you are putting in your cup. Next you move on to the toppings, and my oh my do they have good toppings. So then you plop your cup up on the scale (they charge you by the ounce), and DEAR LORD my total is $8.42. Well. It must be the spoon you casually slipped in my cup before you gave me my total. No? That only weighs like .0002 ounces? Hmm. Ok. I mean, that doesn't keep me from going back. I just need to be careful that I don't get too carried away.



2. Luna's new Western Wear.



I'm not the type to make my dog wear clothes and other accessories, but every time I take her to the groomer's (not often - I usually wash her myself), they send her home with a little bandanna. They are always some ugly fabric which I remove as soon as we get to the car, but for some reason I can't bring myself to take this one off her. Probably because every time I look at her I think of this:




On an unrelated note, Matt has decided that it is his right as a home owner to walk around the house in his underwear. This is fine - however - not when it is at night and not when you don't have any form of window covering. I point this out to Matt, but he insists that he doesn't care if our neighbors can see him or not. It's his house, and if he wants to walk around in his underwear, he will. So, I guess I need to hurry up and buy some blinds. Oh - and don't drive down our road after dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment