Last weekend my sweet mom and sister came to visit! Unfortunately Matt had to go to an anesthesia conference in Pinehurst, NC so he wasn't here for Girl Weekend 2010. We had a great time going out to eat, walking around drinking fresh lemonade at the Farmer's Market, shopping on King St. and hanging out around the house.
Lunch at Five Loaves after walking around the Farmer's Market and downtown Charleston.
Carter's ready to go to Zia.
Holy hangy downy thing!

Sisters. Weird, I know. She looks Hawaiian/Asian, and I look very white.
Luna wanted her picture taken too! (We got her this pink cone just for Girl's Weekend.)

Of course I had to take advantage of the fact that my mom was in town and knows how to sew. She made me this great pillow sham to go in the living room, and she also made this valence to go over the kitchen sink:

The pillow in all it's glory.
The sad thing is that my mom learned how to sew in home economics. In middle school. She learned to follow a pattern and make an A-line skirt. I think she also made an apron or something too. When I took home ec. in 7th grade we had 1 sewing project, and this is what I made:

That's right - a frozen banana. Because that's what every girl needs to know how to make. Not how to fix a hem, or sew on a button - but how to make a freaking frozen banana pillow.
Anyways - we had a great time and I wish they could visit more often!

Luna says, "What happens at Girl's Weekend, stays at Girl's Weekend!"
No comments:
Post a Comment