11.05.2009

Reasons why I love my husband

1. He cannot keep a secret.

Allyn: "Hey, what took you so long to get home? I thought you were on your way when you called earlier."

Matt: (Looking guilty) "Ummmm...."

Allyn: "Weren't you on the way home when you called me? Did you stop somewhere on the way home?"

Matt: "Ummm...I'll tell you in a month."

Allyn: (Not suspicious at all...) "Okay......."

A few minutes later....

Matt: "I'm excited about your Christmas present! I know exactly what I'm getting you, and you'll never figure it out."

Allyn: "Uh, is that what you were doing this afternoon?"

Matt: (Blank stare)

Allyn: "I bet I know what you're getting me."

Matt: "What?! Guess!"

Allyn: "No way. You're terrible at keeping secrets and if I'm right you're totally going to give it away. I like to be surprised."

Matt: (Giddy with excitement) "Come on!! Just guess. I won't give it away, I promise. I'll say 'fried pickles' no matter what you say, that way I won't give anything away."

Allyn: "Ok. But I'm closing my eyes so I can't see your facial expression, because that will give it away. I think you're getting me a bike."

Matt: Long pause........... "Sweetie! You're so good at guessing!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment