
That's what cool people call stand up paddle boarding, I guess. Matt and I went out to Station 30 last night to give it a try. Matt has SUP'ed several times, and felt sure this was a sport I would be great at. Mainly because he thinks I am the slowest person on the planet (so not true), and SUPing does not require a lot of speed. You just cruise along. Half Moon had a SUP Social, so there were several boards with paddles and lots of people (experienced and not) out to give it a try. I have to say that I was really proud of myself because I was pretty good at it. And I surprised both Matt and myself by not falling off the board. This is amazing because I have a terrible sense of balance. I mean, sometimes I lose my balance when I am standing still and having a conversation. I think that balance, much like my sense of direction, was pretty much left out of my DNA. So anyways, I didn't fall, and I think I did pretty well for my first time. It was fun, and a nice little work out too. Obviously your shoulders and back get a work out from paddling, but you are also flexing your quads and abs the entire time trying to maintain balance and keep yourself from falling in the water. Matt is thrilled, because he has this vision of both he and I paddle boarding off into the sunset with our little kids perched on the front of our boards. Now all we need to make that dream come true for him is $3,000 for the boards, and a kid.
That's hilarious. Buy him a gondola and make him paddle you around the rivers of Italy :)
ReplyDelete