8.08.2010

An evening paddle.

One of the best things about our new house is the proximity to the water. Diagonally across from our lot is the community park and dock. Last night the tide was unusually high, so Matt and I decided to take the boats out. I was a little reluctant at first because I had just inhaled a Spicy Chicken Sandwich meal from Chick-fil-A and was feeling more like vegging out on the couch. But I consented and I am so glad I did. It was absolutely beautiful and so peaceful.

I made him carry both boats. I concentrated on getting my bloated self down to the dock.





To the left is Charleston harbor, and to the right is Charlestowne Landing.

I'm still confused as to why my spray skirt had John Bunion-esque suspenders.







This was taken while I was waiting on Matt to help me get out of my boat and back onto the dock. There is no ladder, so I literally had to stand up in the boat and hoist myself up onto the dock and over the railing. It was a very perilous situation - and not my most graceful moment. Every time I tried to stand up, my boat would start to glide underneath the boardwalk, threatening to cause me to fall, bust my chin open on the dock and plop into the water. Thankfully, this did not happen. (This crab mocked me throughout the process).


Walking home.

No comments:

Post a Comment