The day after we returned to Charleston I hopped on a plane at 5:40 am for Aurora, CO. Hopped is really not the appropriate word - it was probably more like shuffling. I hate early flights. I never sleep the night before because I'm so worried that I am going to sleep through my alarm, and when you have to wake up at 4am you need those few sweet hours of sleep. I went to CO with CFA - every time a store opens they assemble a team of marketing staff that comes in and really works hard to get the word out in the community that a new CFA store is opening. It was my first week on the job - talk about trial by fire! It was a really valuable experience, however, because when our store opens in January I'll have some concept of what that will look like. A few things about CO:
1. It was COLD. Snow, and highs some days in the teens. The night of the first 100 (the first 100 customers at a new CFA win free CFA for a year, and people camp out the night before to save their place in line!) it got down to 6 degrees. SIX.
2. I am so impressed with the quality of people who work for CFA. I met so many great people during my time in CO and I can't wait get to know our team at the Savannah Hwy. store.
Moving on. I got back late Saturday night and spent Sunday cleaning and doing laundry. Matt had to work and let me just say that there were a few Luna hairballs swirling around our place. Gross. Hey entrepreneurs - here's an idea for you: Invent a pill you can give your dog that will prevent them from shedding. You'll make millions.
Yesterday and today I've been at CFA (not our store - a mall unit) learning the ropes. I'm exhausted. When I get home it feels like I'm walking on nubs. It is nice to be busy and productive at work though. So Monday morning started out great. I was rushing around trying to get out the door on time, and I had to take Luna out to go to the bathroom. I'm still trying to find the perfect food for her (we've gone through about 4 brands so far) and let's just say that this particular bag, which, surprisingly is for "sensitive skin and stomachs" has caused her to be..........a little less than solid, if you know what I mean. So she goes to the bathroom, and I know I'm in trouble when she gets this panicked look in her eyes and begins to scoot her butt across the grass. Poor thing. She does this sometimes - it's like she thinks a turd is chasing her or something. Sorry. That's a little graphic I guess. So she does this for a few minutes, and as I'm walking her back to our place I notice that she has some poo smeared in the feathers on her back legs. Lovely. So, in my work clothes, I proceed to get a damp rag and wipe the poo from her fur outside in the 50 degree weather. Nice. A few minutes later I'm running out the door with my coffee in a travel mug when I notice the iron is still plugged in. So I go over and bend down to unplug it. Once I get back to the door I notice that I have managed to spill coffee all over the floor and bed. No time to clean that up - and I leave. After work and a period of resting my nubs, I went to Harris Teeter. While weighing my options in the Febreeze section, I somehow unlock the top and drop the entire bottle all over myself and the floor. Ahhhhh. Clean up on isle 9! Luckily, I was the only person on that particular isle, so after looking to my left and my right, I got the heck out of dodge as fast as I could. I'm sure they figured out it was me who spilled it since the lower half of my body was soaking wet and I smelled VERY strongly of Febreeze. At least it wasn't milk though, right???
So now I feel like I have a million things to do before Christmas. We don't even have our tree yet, which is very sad for me. Even sadder is that Matt will be working for the next 16 days straight, so I'll be getting our tree by myself. On Sunday I got out all my Christmas decorations, which make me exceedingly happy. I am a little nervous about my nativity; Luna keeps eyeing the Baby Jesus. I'm waiting for the day when I come home and He's missing, along with Joseph's arm.
I finally got out my Christmas cd's today (yes - I still listen to cd's. How 90's.) and it's like seeing old friends again! They make me feel so warm inside. Except for Kenny G. I could do without him. He is kind of a Christmas staple though, no?
All right. Off to bed. I'm mentally compiling the list of things I need to accomplish on my days off this week. It's overwhelming.
Andrew made fun of my b/c Kenny G Christmas was playing in my car! I love him too! It's so relaxing especially when you want a break from all the silly holiday songs sometimes.
ReplyDeletewhen did you start drinking coffee?!?
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't really drink coffee. Not my own anyways. Starbucks, yes. Sometimes I brew a pot just so I can smell it and carry it around in a mug. But I don't drink more than half a cup ;)
ReplyDelete