Lisa Leslie. WNBA icon.That's right. My husband, who skipped most Clemson football games while we were in college to go kayaking on the Tallulah, knows all about the WNBA.
Since having Ben, my daily wardrobe has pretty much consisted of a pair of athletic shorts and a large t shirt. Here's my reasoning behind this outfit choice: My Ben feeders are too big to fit into 90% of my shirts. The shirts that do fit are rationed for work, church, and the occasional social outing. Now that I'm a mother, I have an aversion to wearing my short shorts a la American Eagle. (I'm embarrassed to admit that I do own several pairs of shorts from American Eagle. When do you become too old to shop there? 10 years ago? Ok, cool. Just checking.) And let's face it, those shorts just don't look the same on as they used to. Which brings me to my third point: This is the ideal outfit for going on walks with Mr. Ben and Luna in an attempt to whip my body back into shape. Functional and practical. And comfortable. And, apparently, strikingly similar to a certain WNBA superstar. Poor Matt.
Your hardly Lisa Leslie...remember your shade of clear skin? And yes, I would say at least a decade ago was when you last should've been seen in AE.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the clothing choice,that first year after baby. I sported the yoga pants all the time. And traded in all the short shorts and mini skirts. But J Crew shorts look good on moms, just to let you know.
ReplyDelete