6.16.2009

We're Back!

Matt and I just got back from a trip out West with my parents. It was so much fun! We stayed in Park City, UT the night we arrived, which was a really cool little town, but practically deserted. It was a Saturday night and the streets were pretty much empty. I guess winter is their season. The next two nights were spent in Wilson, WY, which is about 20 minutes from Jackson Hole. We went rafting on the Snake River, took a gondola up to the top of the mountains in Teton Village, and explored downtown Jackson Hole.

Story: We were staying with a relative who has a great house overlooking Jackson and the mountains. The first night we were there I was taking a shower and Matt came in to tell me something. While I was talking to him I noticed something small and brown in the shower with me, and upon closer examination, I realized it was a mouse! So of course I implored my brave husband to get it out of the shower, but Matt didn't exactly want to touch it, so he insisted the best thing to do was to get my dad involved. This idea really didn't bowl me over, seeing as I was naked in the shower with a mouse who was going to scurry up my leg at any second. I kept screaming at him to get the mouse, and he eventually ran from the bathroom and came back with my dad - who luckily had the common sense not to run into the bathroom and whip open the shower curtain. He just stood at the doorway and laughed at me. The whole time I'm laughing, covered in shampoo, and nervously eyeing this cute little mouse who is doing his darnedest not to get wet, and failing miserably. Finally Matt came back with a glass jar, which he trapped the mouse in. But then he couldn't figure out how to get the jar with the mouse in it out of the shower. We managed to drag it up the side of the bathtub and flip it over at the last minute, keeping the little booger inside. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the little guy. We'll hear more about Matt's bravery later. For now, here are a few pictures:


Matt and I on top of the mountains at Teton Village. It was cold!


Matt with the 'rents.


Downtown Jackson Hole. At first this arch really creeped me out, but then I learned that Elk shed their antlers every year. So no Elk were harmed in the making of this picture :)


Matt checking out the Snake River, which we would be rafting the next day.


Getting ready for my trip down the Snake River. The wet suit was totally necessary, as the water was around 45 degrees. Yikes!


On our way back from taking a dip in a hot spring on the Hoback River.

No comments:

Post a Comment